What do fairy gardens, an art exhibition, a partner with a hidden secret, and murder have in common? You can find the latest Fairy Garden Mysteries by mixing these unlikely elements. A Flickering of Doubt. Enjoy the delicious Gluten-Free Shortbread Cookie Recipe and follow Courtney Kelly’s investigation of this latest crime.
Save Recipe Print
Shortbread Cookies Earl Grey Gluten-Free
- 1 cup gluten-free flour*
- 2 tea bags (cut open) – 1 tablespoon of Earl Grey loose tea leaves
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 6 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Pulse the flour, salt, and tea in a food processor. Add confectioners’ sugar, vanilla extract, and butter. Pulse the food processor 10-20 times to create a dough. Place the dough in a plastic sheet and remove it from its container. Roll dough into logs 6 to 7 inches in length and 2 inches wide. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a rimmed cookie sheet with parchment.
- Slice dough log into ⅓-inch-thick rounds. Place the rounds 2 inches apart onto the baking sheet.
- Bake until the edges of the cookies are…