Any cast iron lover would love to have a collection of compartment skillets or griddles. These pieces are crafted with precision and feature multiple compartments to allow simultaneous cooking of different foods. They have witnessed countless breakfasts, usually, that were cooked with creativity and love. The versatility of these pans is endless. They can cook eggs, bacon and hash browns. Sweet yet savory, these scrumptious sammies are the perfect way to kick-start any morning and realize the pan’s full potential.
- 4 slices cinnamon-swirl bread
- 8 ounces bulk breakfast sausage
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish : fresh grated Parmesan, thyme
- Over medium heat, heat a cast iron compartment skillet. Add the bread slices, and cook them, rotating occasionally, for 2 to 4 mins, until they are lightly toasted and golden on both sides. Remove from pan.
- Spread 2 ounces of sausage onto each bread slice. Return to pan, sausage side down. Cook over medium heat until golden brown. Remove from heat ….