Just north of Bend in Oregon, Mt. Cascades Academy is a small independent K-12 school that focuses on experiential learning. The building (featured picture) is located on 52 acres of wooded land on the Deschutes River, adjacent to Tumalo State Park.
Cascades’ staff share a beautiful set values: cultivate belonging; empower individuality; learn by doing; ignite curiosity and embrace challenges.
The Traveling School in Oregon is a one-week adventure that takes place during the fall. This year’s trips included the following destinations:
- Oregon Coast Exploration for 6th graders in Newport
- Shakespeare in Ashland, 7th grade
- 8th Grade: Backpacking through Three Sisters Wilderness
- Water in Southern Oregon: 9th grade
- Astoria’s coastal communities: 10th grade
- The 11th grade: Layers of Place at Mt. Hood
- The Land Stewardship of Joseph and the Wallowas, 12th grade
In the spring, Traveling School includes national and international destinations and is designed to focus on the school’s core values and advance social emotional learning.
Upper School Expeditions are trimester-based experiences that are supported by community partnerships. Every other week the upper school…