The Union Government approved the draft Digital Personal Data Bill and come before Parliament in the monsoon season. Sources in the government said the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology received and considered 21,666 suggestions to the draft bill that have been circulated for comments in November, 2022.
Digital Personal Data Protection Bill 2023
- Draft Digital Personal Data Protection Bill approved by the Union government and it’s paving the way to be introduced in the monsoon season of the Parliament.
- Six years after the Supreme Court declared privacy as a fundamental right, the law will become India’s core data governance framework.
- Digital Personal Data Protection Bill (DPDP Bill) in one of the four proposed legislations in the IT and Telecom sectors to provide the framework for the rapidly growing digital ecosystem.
- This bill empowers the Data Protection Board (DPB) to levy a penalty of up to Rs.250 crore on the organizations found to be in breach.
- The penalty levied on organization that are in breach can be…